Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring Happenings

Spring has finally sprung here in Denver! Don't be fooled, it still snows and is pretty cold, but as least the weather is nice enough to get out of the house most days. Here are a few of the newest adventures of the little man.
Daddy's toothbrush is a big hit. Needless to say, I am going to Target today to get Maddox his own electric toothbrush. I might need to pick one up for Clubber too.


This is a true story that I don't even know how to begin to explain, except to say that Maddox is the weirdest kid on the planet. The other day I thought it would be fun to introduce Maddox to fruit bars, so we tried a Dole strawberry fruit bar. He was okay with it, but after a few bites, he gave it back to me and nearly lunged out of his chair reaching for the asparagus I was eating. So we traded. I ate the popsicle, and he ate about 6 spears of asparagus. I have no idea where this kid came from.

We spent the day yesterday in downtown Denver. We tried to buy tickets to the sold-out Rockies home opener from scalpers, but no such luck. So, we went to the 16th Street Market instead, where we checked on the scores at ESPN Zone. Here, Maddox is "playing" video games. One of these days, he is going to realize that he's just playing the intro, and we actually have to put money in the machine to make it work. From that day on, I'm sure I will find myself repeating, "No, Maddox, I don't have any quarters."

No comments: