Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We Belong In A Zoo

Last month, while Jeff was on Spring Break, we took a little day trip down to the San Diego Zoo with our friends, Chuck and Lisa. The weather cooperated beautifully, making it the perfect day to enjoy with the animals. (And by "animals" I'm totally referring to Chuck and Lisa.) We stopped a very nice family and conned them in to snapping this photo for us. In chatting with them, we found out that they were vacationing in San Diego from Eagle River, Alaska! It's a small world after all. Wait, wrong park.


Just standin' around like some pink flamingos.
Monkey see, monkey do.

While we were diligently trying to decipher the map and figure out where to go next, Jeffy was being very helpful by laughing at us and taking pictures.


Why does my kid look like he's about 8 years old in this picture? Excuse me, I need to go have a good cry.
We finished out the day with a visit to the Corvette Diner, a 50's themed restaurant complete with costumed servers and an arcade. Jeff had a Peanut Butter Burger, in honor of the King.

And Maddox and I split a chocolate shake in honor of my taste buds.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm sure you explained to your photographer friends that you grew up in Eagle River. Have they lived there long? Do we know them? Of course, its been fourteen years since we've lived there. Fourteen years? Yikes. I can't believe its been that long!