Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sleep Saga

Maddox and I used to have a deal...bedtime at 8:00, up twice during the night. This was okay with me because I got stretches of sleep about three hours long. Then, about a month ago, Maddox decided to default on our deal, waking up anywhere between 5 and 10 times per night. (I'm not kidding!) One night, when he woke up for the eighth time at 4:00 am, I went in to nurse him back to sleep, and he giggled when he saw me. It was then and there that I realized that the little turkey has me wrapped around his fat little finger.

Fortunately, my knight in shining pajamas came to my rescue! For three nights now, my wonderful husband has slept in Maddox's room, and helped him fall back to sleep when he wakes. At first, Maddox was furious that it was Dad, not Mom, who was there. But, after three nights of this, he is sleeping through the night!!!! And do you know what that means?! It means that after 9 months of interrupted sleep, I sleep through the night too!!!!!

1 comment:

Marrs Family said...

Congratulations! That's a HUGE milestone. I hope he stays consistent for you and you can enjoy restful nights...until your next one!